Banking & Finance
The teams of lawyers represent lenders and borrowers in some of the largest and most complicated financing transactions. Our lawyers are located in the key financial countries on West Africa and provide our clients with an in-depth understanding of the West African markets.
Our clients include large commercial banks, investment banks, insurance companies, finance companies, investment and merchant banking firms, private investment funds and other institutional lenders and investors.
We advise on all types of financing transactions including:
- syndicated finance
- first and second lien loan facilities;
- real estate finance
- acquisition financings;
- senior and subordinated bridge financings;
- leveraged recapitalization financings;
- asset-backed financings;
- trade and emerging markets finance
- mezzanine financings;
- workouts, restructurings, and exit financings;
- private placements; and
- investment grade financings.
- Debt Recovery
Some of our Recent our work
Our recent and current casework in this area includes representing:
- Aviation Corporations in Finance Restructuring- We have represented several aviation companies in restructuring their aircraft finance leases.
- Debt Recovery – We have helped multinational companies reclaim payments for transactions carried out for companies and individuals within jurisdiction.
- Asset-Backed Finance – We advised recent investment companies looking to raise capital for investment purposes in Nigeria and other Parts of West Africa.