With the rapid growth of the Aviation sector in Nigeria as a lead emerging economy, our clients have been in need of expertise in cross-border structures that in some cases require the temporary acquisition of assets such as Jumbo Jets, Mid Size Jets, Helicopters, on Operating lease basis. Other Structures are more permanent with Lease Financing Arrangements or outright purchase for cash.
The deals have always required utmost capability in each part of the transaction. Our Aviation experts have deep understanding of the West African Market and the challenges airlines, Private owners, OEMs, Maintenance Organisations and other key stakeholders in the Aviation sector face.
Recent Aviation transactions we have advised on include:
- Dry/Wet/Damp Lease Agreements for operating Aircraft in Nigeria.
- Importation Processing and Approval for Leased or Purchased Aircraft.
- Registration of Charges over Aircraft at the Corporate Affairs Commission, the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority and the International Registry.
- Release of Aircraft Parts and Engines held by the Nigerian Customs.
- Asset Backed Debt Structuring for Aircraft Purchase.
- Debt enforcement from international and domestic Aviation operators.
- Aircraft Insurance and Re-insurance.