Anti-Bribery & Corruption
We provide expert advice on the full range of anti-corruption issues in Nigeria.
Our diverse team comprises former lead prosecution and defence lawyers in the Nigeria. They have worked on the most significant corruption cases to date in the Nigeria. Thanks to our past governmental and recent defence experience, our lawyers are recognised and respected by leading prosecutors and regulators in the Nigeria. We are one of a few practices which have lawyers with in-depth experience of managing bribery and corruption investigations across Nigeria.
We have a track record of handling significant, high profile bribery and corruption issues for high net worth individuals, multinationals corporations. We have represented multinational corporations on a range of corruption issues, from assisting with policies and procedures, to risk management, to handling global investigations and defence. We also conduct due diligence into, and advise on strategies to deal with, foreign agents or intermediaries and mergers and acquisitions/joint venture targets.
Some of our Recent our work
Our recent and current casework in this area includes representing:
- Multinational Corporations – We successful defended exonerated various Multinational companies alleged to been involved in bribery and procedural malpractices. We successfully defended these companies to ensure their international reputation was protected.
- Chief James Ibori – Our law firm successfully defended Chief James Ibori, former Governor of Delta State, Nigeria on the ex-convict case from the High Court to the Supreme and won in all.
- Siemens Limited – We acted as solicitors to Siemens Limited before the Commission of Inquiry into contracts awarded in Nigeria Telecommunication Plc. and its subsidiary M-Tel Plc. between 1999 and 2002.
- Banks – We successfully defended some Chief Executive Officers of Certain banks in Nigeria when they were arraigned on charges on economic crime offences.
- We were solicitors to some past Chief Executive Officer of Nigeria Airways Ltd before the Judicial Commission of Inquiry into the affairs of the Nigeria Airways.
- We defended some notable former ministers and were successful in criminal cases before the High Court of the FCT, Abuja.